Occupational Health and Safety
We comply with the requirements of the TS ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management System Standard and all effective rules and regulations in all our activities. We carry out risk analysis at our facilities, included in the category of very hazardous occupations in the legislation, and we take all necessary precautions against the identified risks to keep them below the acceptable limits in accordance with the law. While the elimination of hazards tops our hierarchy of prevention, we implement engineering precautions against any hazards that cannot be eliminated.
- Kastamonu Entegre considers its human resources as its most precious asset and commits to the following:
- Comply with all legislation that governs occupational health and safety;
- Evaluate all new products, processes, and facilities within the scope of occupational health and safety right from the project stage;
- Determine and assess the risks to occupational health and safety with employee cooperation, and take due precautions to prevent occupational injuries and illnesses;
- Develop systems to minimize losses in case of any accidents or emergencies during our operations;
- Include our employees, sub-contractors, and guests within our health and safety practices, and be open to technological advances to enforce a safe working environment;
- Provide continuous educational activities to instill awareness of occupational health and safety;
- Boost, supervise and continuously improve occupational health and safety performance.
K-SAFE System: This system monitors the field and identifies “hazardous behaviors” with the potential to cause occupational injuries and hazards, and prevents repetitive behavior by providing feedback to employees.
Kastamonu 10 Audit System: We carry out annual audits at all our factories and identify any room for improvement to further enhance our OHS system.
The near-miss system, implemented in all our facilities, enables us to prevent minor and major injuries through employee feedback. We determine root causes in case of near-misses or occupational injuries and formulate action plans to eliminate these root causes. In compliance with the legislation, we make all key decisions unanimously at the monthly “Occupational Health and Safety Council” meetings with the active participation of all employees, and we review our facilities’ OHS performances weekly and monthly.